Sunday, January 18, 2015

Practice Blog



Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or her practice? What are my passions?1. A Little Bit About Me and Why I Chose USA

2. How Education Became Me

3. What does and educator do?

4. My Passion




1. My name is Kristin Evans and I am a junior majoring in Elementary Education. I was born and grew up in small town called Andalusia, Al with my three siblings. I have an older brother who is 26, an older sister who is 24, and a baby brother who is 20. I can remember when I was in Kindergarten and my teacher Mrs.Clifton was going around the room and asking us what we wanted to be when we grew up, and when she finally got to me I told her that I wanted to be a teacher. Little did I know back then that I would really set out to make that become true.


2. I've always wanted to be a teacher. Something about seeing the smile on a child's face when they finally understand what you've been teaching them, or watching the master a skill that they've worked so hard on warms my heart. Being one of the people they look up too for guidance and help with life and everyday problems is so special to me. I tried going the Nursing route, because I thought, "Oh I'll make more money"., but honestly my heart wasn't in it. My heart is being in a classroom and teaching students.


3. As an educator, we are there to teach our students basic things like math, reading, and writing. But we are also there to teach them life long skills. Like how to be kind to one another, that it is always better to tell the truth than a lie, and that everything make not always go your way but you can still make the best of things.


4. My passion is God, family, and my friends in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment