Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Post #3 What is Peer Editing?

What is Peer Editing?
What do you think is the best way to approach peer editing?
How will you peer edit your classmates blog posts in EDM 310.
What is the importance of peer editing


Peer editing, is when you and another person in your class get together and look and correct each others paper. Both of the videos went over very important rules to peer editing. I can remember peer editing in high school and the rules were never told to me, and looking back I can say I did a lot of thing wrong. I think the best way to approach peer editing is stay always stay positive. You never want to be rude and start right off the bat with saying all the wrong things your peer did in their paper. When you start like that you and that person get off on the wrong foot and things will never go well from there.
Cartoon of students peer editing

I think that it is very important that we peer edit in EDM 310, because we do some much writing and it would be nice to know what we're doing wrong and what we could improve on. At least I would like to know because knowing were you're lacking and correcting your mistakes will only make you a better writer in the long run. The importance of peer editing, I think, is to learn how to take circumstance well. We all need to learn how to take positive circumstance well if we are going to survive in this life.

2 comments:

  1. Each blog post assignment is required to have working links to your sources, as outlined in Writing A Quality Blog Post. Please fix this. Also, remember to proof read your posts before publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    You made some very good points about peer editing. Moreover, your peer can point out things in your writing that you did not catch. One thing to keep in mind when you are posting is to proof read. I proof my posts about 2 to 3 times just to make sure I did not miss anything!

    ReplyDelete